With businesses re-opening in phases, the City is focusing recovery efforts on a tourism campaign to attract residents within the Tampa Bay region to Re-Discover Tarpon Springs. The goal is to bring locals back and attract visitors from the drivable area. The 12-week campaign began this week and it includes television ads, online digital ads, window posters, social media campaigns, billboards and brochure distribution.
- Television Ads. Ads run on Spectrum through August. The ad may be viewed at: https://youtu.be/-uN1Neqlbc4
- Online Digital Campaign. The digital campaign will feature online display ads and geo-fencing 13 locations throughout the region. The ads will pop up on cellphones and desktop computers, targeting 48 zip codes.
- Window Posters. A bright blue Re-Discover Tarpon Springs flyer has been distributed to businesses throughout the City for display in their storefront windows to replace the yellow “shut down” posters previously displayed. The posters are a symbol of business continuity, and provide the opportunity for businesses to write in a special offer or discount.
- Social Media. A robust social media presence throughout the campaign features posting on Explore Tarpon Springs, City of Tarpon Springs, and Tarpon Springs Business Happenings Facebook pages. Business Happenings also offers businesses an opportunity to post their own menus or special offers.
- Billboards. Billboards on I-75 and I-4 are on display through June 2021. They are located on I-75 at the split near the Villages facing south and just north of Lakeland on I-4.
- Brochure. The updated City’s tourism brochure is distributed to more than 1,200 locations locally and regionally and to four state Welcome Centers.
The City would like to extend a special thank you to the Tarpon Springs Merchant’s Association for splitting costs with the City on the Billboard and Spectrum TV and Digital campaigns. Their partnership helps make the campaign more robust.
Contact Karen Lemmons, Economic Development Manager, for additional information, email@example.com or 727-943-4932.